For any poker player out there that doesn’t believe a non-professional poker player could take out a tournament or event – this story is for you. You’ll second-guess not entering tournament qualifiers or satellites offered at online poker rooms from now on.
Patrick Clarke accomplished the dream of every low-stakes poker player last weekend. He managed to turn a €4 online satellite victory into a €250,000 victory at the 2014 Paddy Power Poker Irish Open.
Clarke won his €2,250 entry into the Irish Open Main Event by playing online poker at Paddy Power, and ultimately defeated a field of 411 players to pocket the biggest win of his career.
The tournament victory itself netted Clarke €200,000. He claimed the additional €50,000 by being the last man standing in the Paddy Power Sole Survivor competition. If you can believe it, the extra €50K prize came down to a heads-up match against Dave Pollack, who also won his seat online. Pollack netted himself a tidy €130,500.
With the victory, Clarke found his name added to the elite list of Irish Open champions that includes Noel Furlong, Liam Flood, Joe Beevers, Neil Channing, James Mitchell, Kevin Vandersmissen, and Ian Simpson. A list he never thought of being on when he was playing his poker game online for €4.
2014 Irish Open Final Table Results
Clarke entered the final table as the overwhelming chip leader and never looked back.
If Clarke’s story has inspired you, open your real money account at Bovada Poker today to play for a chance to enter one of the world’s biggest poker events – the World Series of Poker event at the Rio Hotel and Casino in Vegas from May 27 to July 14.
Playing at Bovada Poker is your best way of getting right in the Sin City action. You could win yourself a ticket into either the Main Event or the Little One for One Drop. Full prizes are:
- $12,000 Main Event Packages – including $10,000 Main Event buy-in and $2,000 for travel expenses
- $3,000 Vegas Prize Packages – including $1,111 Little One for One Drop buy-in and $1,889 for travel expenses
Just play in Bovada Poker’s qualifiers and satellites, and enter the daily Vegas Prize Draws to become the next Patrick Clarke. Check out the options below and hit the highway to Vegas:
- April 14 – May 11: VEGAS PRIZE DRAWS – Win a $12K Main Event Package
- May 5 – June 8: MAIN EVENT QUALIFIERS – Twelve $12K Main Event Packages Guaranteed
- May 26 8:33 PM ET: SATELLITE – Six Seats Guaranteed
- June 8 4:33 PM ET – SATELITTE – Six Seats Guaranteed
- May 12 – June 8: BOVADA POKER SOCIAL MEDIA CONTEST – Four $3K Vegas Prize Packages
- June 9 – June 22: ZONE POKER – Win a $3K Vegas Prize Package
* Each satellite will award six seats only to the Main Event (12 seats total). In the event that there is any surplus in the prize pool of any particular Main Event satellite, further cash prizes will be distributed to lower-ranked players in US $5,000 increments.