The Seminole Hard Rock Casino in Hollywood, Florida released the schedule for its 2014 Seminole Hard Rock Poker Showdown on Tuesday. The series will run from March 27 through April 16.
The series will conclude with a televised World Poker Tour championship event running from April 10 through 16. The $3,500 buy-in WPT Hard Rock Poker Showdown Championship event will feature a guaranteed prize pool of $5 million with three starting flights and re-entries.
As previously reported, the event was originally advertised with a $10 million guarantee before it was revised to $5 million but with a buy-in half the size. As it stands, the 2014 Seminole Hard Rock Poker Showdown holds the largest guaranteed prize pool offered for a $3,500 buy-in tournament.
“Seminole Hard Rock Poker continues to strive to offer outstanding experiences for our tournament players,” Ray Stefanelli, Director of Poker Marketing for Seminole Game, said.
Explaining the change, Stefanelli told pokernews.com “while the August Seminole Hard Rock Poker Open championship event was extremely successful at a $5,300 buy-in, we wanted to provide a more accessible price-point in April and expose more customers to both the WPT and Seminole Hard Rock poker brands and the televised championship event.”
The tournament will also offer smaller events such as a $1 Million Guaranteed $560 Deep Stack No-Limit Hold’em Re-Entry on March 27, and a $500,000 Guaranteed $350 Deep Stack No Limit Hold’em Re-Entry on April 3.
Interested in joining the tournament and need to improve your skills? Head over to Carbon Poker to get started. Join now to receive a 200% first deposit bonus up to $5,000. That’s $5,000 free cash on your first deposit of up to $2,500! Simply use the special Initial Deposit Bonus code CARBONPK after signing up at Carbon Poker.
Last August’s $10 million guarantee Poker Open at the Seminole Hard Rock proved to be a monumental success, prompting event organizers and the World Poker Tour to announce a repeat for April 2014 only two months later in October 2013.
While the original tweet, released by the Seminole Hard Rock on October 2nd was immediately re-tweeted by WPT Executive Tour Director Matt Savage, it now appears the announcement was never made official by the Tour itself, who recently released a press release revealing the tournament will actually feature a $5 million guarantee with a buy-in half the size of what was originally intended.
Director of Poker Marketing for Seminole Gaming Ray Stefanelli recently told Pokernews.com the reasons for such noticeable change in values for the event, to be held from March 27-April 16 this year.
“While the August Seminole Hard Rock Poker Open Championship event was extremely successful at a $5,300 buy-in, we wanted to provide a more accessible price-point in April and expose more customers to both the WPT and Seminole Hard Rock poker brands and the televised championship event” Stefanelli said.
“The $5 million guarantee is the largest guarantee for a $3,500 buy-in and provides outstanding value to the tournament players.”
COO of Seminole Gaming, Larry Mullins the pleasure and success of the most recent event, and what is expected of this season’s edition.
“Our recent August Seminole Hard Rock Poker Open brought local, regional, national and international players together to take part in a historic event” Mullins said.
“We were thrilled with the positive responses to the Seminole Hard Rock Poker Open and are now very excited to offer the $3,500 buy-in for the Seminole Hard Rock Poker Showdown.”
Featuring the largest ever guarantee for such a low buy-in, the Seminole Hard Rock Poker Showdown Championship will be televised and open to registration to any poker player from early March. A full schedule of events is set to be released by the conclusion of January.
If you are interested in getting involved in what is sure to be one of the year’s biggest poker events, start honing your skills at Carbon Poker, the web’s leading online poker room!